Mobile Phone – A Necessity or an Addiction?
Oh! This would be a very typical question in this current generation. I would tell that it has become addiction rather than necessity, especially for young people and children. Though mobile phones are initially used as a better way of communication, but it started to take an essential part in human’s life. Definitely, it has given us many dramatic benefits and allowed to move forward along with technology. This technological development caused many upgrades to traditional phones that were used before. Of course, this development can be one of the reason for mobile phone addiction, than a necessity.
Cell phones are one of the major technological instrument that is used more often. Initially, it was the instrument that was available to only a few people and today 9 out of 10 people own a cell phone including school going children. It is acceptable that it provides a better mode of communication, saves time, helps manage finances on the move, cheaper and is hugely convenient. But with these pros that are a part of necessity, there are few cons that make it as an addiction. Mobile phones should be an essential part of your life, but to should control your life. Until it is maintained as essential part it is a necessity, once it starts to control your life then you are in trouble of addiction. Mobile phone addiction can lead to severe distress and can result in severe physical problems which can cause permanent damage.
Points to remember to get rid of addiction and medical problems
• Limit your usage of cell phone. Set particular time at which you should check notifications received. If possible, try to customize notifications.
• Delete unnecessary apps from your phone like social media apps as there are not that much essential.
• Avoid usage of phone while in bed. Try not to use a mobile phone at least one hour before going to bed.
• Instead of using a smart phone, better switch back to traditional phones which are always the best choice.
• Get into the real world and try to be a part of human life. Start your conversation directly rather than through texting or calling.
• Usage of headset or speaker is better as it can avoid radiation.
• Children should not be allowed to use a mobile phone, instead engage them in outdoor activities.
Prevention is always better than getting cured. So try to control yourself with mobile phone usage and set some time limit to have a healthy relationship with mobile phones.